HUELGOAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello - new member

2 posters

Go down

Hello - new member Empty Hello - new member

Post  Twingoman Mon 7 Oct - 12:23

Hello all

I am living in Cornwall, but my father and stepmother moved to Huelgoat a couple of months ago.

They actually moved to France in 2004, settling in the Deux Sevres department, near the town of Bressuire, but after my father had a mild stroke about three years ago, he doesn't travel well now, so they decided to move to Brittany to be closer to the port at Roscoff, and settled on Huelgoat.

At the moment, I have only spent about a day in the town, but I plan to be over for about 10 days at the end of this month, so looking forward to exploring then.

Twingoman

Back to top Go down

Hello - new member Empty Welcome to the forum!

Post  Bingle Thu 10 Oct - 18:43

Hello Twingoman and welcome to the forum! I live near Exeter and, this year, have not been over as often as I would have liked. Huelgoat houses a friendly bunch of people with probably a fair few residents and visitors from SW England.. Plymouth is well placed! Hope you enjoy your 10 day visit and that your parents are getting on ok. I should be going over end October / early November so might even bump into you! Am I right in guessing that you may own a Twingo? If so, which model...? ..and with a full length sunroof?? Best Wishes, Ian

Bingle

Back to top Go down

Hello - new member Empty Re: Hello - new member

Post  Twingoman Thu 10 Oct - 19:24

Hello Ian

Thanks for the welcome.  Yes, they seem to be settling in very well, and they certainly find being closer to the port a bonus - it was a good 4-5 hour journey from their previous property.

Yes, I own a Twingo - a 2002 Helios special edition, with the full length glass roof.  It was imported into the UK from Belgium by a guy in Newquay in 2004, he then registered it on UK plates and sold it on to me.  Nine years later, I still have it!  Just booked my ferry crossing for the end of October, but unfortunately, the car won't be coming over with me when I come over, I am taking advantage of being able to come over as a foot passenger and be collected from Roscoff.

Hello - new member 6206942789_5ce86531d4_z

Hello - new member 6206944581_480332e2e6_z

Paul

Twingoman

Back to top Go down

Hello - new member Empty Twingo!

Post  Bingle Fri 11 Oct - 18:26

Hi Paul, Always loved Twingos. There used to be a garage in Cornwall that imported them (about 20 years ago) and I thought that yours might be one of those. It looks in very good condition and... with the glass sunroof.......!! I was going to buy one and, indeed, almost bought an early model for £300 literally just down the road from me. It needed to much work, though. In the end I bought a LHD Golf! There are thriving Twingo groups in the UK, eg: http://www.twingo133.net/ and http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/tags.php?tag=twingo but you probably already know of them?
Not sure when I will be going over. I will be driving, though, and could possibly fit in with your movements and give you a lift to Huelgoat to save your parents picking you up? I'll only be staying for a few days, though. Best to PM me with your email / phone and be nice to chat. Best Wishes, Ian

Bingle

Back to top Go down

Hello - new member Empty Re: Hello - new member

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum