HUELGOAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brand new signs

2 posters

Go down

Brand new signs Empty Brand new signs

Post  Admin Fri 23 Aug - 16:37

So Huelgoat has some huge new signs on the main road between Carhaix and Morlaix. So what do you think? Do you like the picture? The curled page at the top? Let us know... leave a comment below...
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://huelgoat.net

Back to top Go down

Brand new signs Empty The Sign... What sign?

Post  Bingle Fri 23 Aug - 18:58

Hi Mark and Hello to any humans reading this.
Sorry, the gravitational pull of the Huelgoat stones have not been too successful lately. (Have they been checked for Radon gas?)
Due to many very important (some Top Secret) assignations, I have not been over for a few months and so have not witnessed this new phenomenon (or phenomena as there is apparently more than one!). Do you have a photo to view on-line? Only then can I utter any criticism or beneficial comment! I am, of course, always keen to contribute to these worthy columns! Catch you all soon.. you will not escape..... Best Wishes from the Mask of Bingle!!

Bingle

Back to top Go down

Brand new signs Empty Re: Brand new signs

Post  Admin Fri 23 Aug - 22:17

Next time I drive past, I'll try to remember to take a photo.

Get your arse over here Bingle. I hear they're missing you down the Creppie.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Brand new signs Empty A sight at the creppie?

Post  Bingle Thu 29 Aug - 17:52

Hi Mark,  Are you 'incinerating' that I go about mooning to everybody?  No way... But I'll certainly endeavour to make my presence felt!  Hopefully over late October.  Celebrations as well 'cos in September I will have finally paid for chateau Huelgoat.  So will be able to carry on with renovations rather than paying interest to the bank!  So watch out, Huelgoat..... See y'all, Ian

Bingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 25 Sep - 19:40

Brand new signs 1234109_10151925994412790_619912029_n
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Brand new signs Empty Hooleygoat signage

Post  Bingle Fri 27 Sep - 18:24

Well, having seen a photo (thanks Mark), I don't know what to say..  The sign seems to be following the theme of other signage I have seen.  The only negative thing (In my opinion) I have is that there is not enough contrast in the image.   Another point, perhaps, is that most people visiting Huelgoat are doing so because they know (more or less) what they are hoping to see as a reality.  So perhaps a sign with text such as "Huelgoat Welcomes Visitors" (plus in French, German and Guinness) might be more appropriate?  Problem is that it also depends on both where any sign is sited and the potential speed (and reading ability of the occupants?) of the car.  In fairness, any sign that looks pretty is more for the tourist brochures than for a person on the road.. could I be correct?  No matter, I have said my groatsworth!  Ian

Bingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 28 Sep - 12:22

Not sure I agree with you, as the signs are on the (Central Brittany and) Carhaix to Morlaix road and lots of people would otherwise just drive past Huelgoat, thinking it was just another bland village with an unpronounceable name. And I'm sure you know of many people who have happily stumbled upon Huelgoat by accident, not knowing it was there.

Not sure covering the French countryside in English signs is a good idea either. This is France. However, a good splattering of Guinness would be a good idea!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum