HUELGOAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For or against the Intermarché move?

4 posters

Go down

For or against the Intermarché move? Empty For or against the Intermarché move?

Post  Admin Fri 8 Jun - 16:18

You may have read in the local press that Intermarché obtained spoken permission to move to a site on the outskirts of the village in order to build a flashy new store with a drive-in. However, after they had consequently bought the plot of land, the permission was later refused when they asked for it in writing.

What are your opinions on this?

Do we need an out of town village supermarket? Or is it better to have Intermarché in walking distance? Remember there is another supermarket in the village square too.

MARK
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://huelgoat.net

Back to top Go down

For or against the Intermarché move? Empty Re: For or against the Intermarché move?

Post  Colly Sat 9 Jun - 11:51

Admin wrote:You may have read in the local press that Intermarché obtained spoken permission to move to a site on the outskirts of the village in order to build a flashy new store with a drive-in. However, after they had consequently bought the plot of land, the permission was later refused when they asked for it in writing.

What are your opinions on this?

Do we need an out of town village supermarket? Or is it better to have Intermarché in walking distance? Remember there is another supermarket in the village square too.

MARK
Personally I think this would be a bad thing, not only for myself as I live within 8 minutes walking distance but also for the village itself. This is happening all over the UK and quite often kills of trade in villages and small towns to a point that more and more shops close up.
I would be very sorry indeed to see it close up and move further out of the village.
Colly
Colly

http://www.lifein-france.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

For or against the Intermarché move? Empty Re: For or against the Intermarché move?

Post  roland garros Sat 9 Jun - 16:24

On the contrary i am totally supporting this project! All the supermarkets in brittany are getting better and bigger. Look at pleyber christ and pleyben their brand new supermarkets are something else! Plus it would create jobs which is a big problem in the area...finally there is indeed a local supermarket in the square where you can walk to. And i don t see the arguments saying it would close local shops. On the contrary people might prefer to walk to their local shops more! Which wiuld also benefit their health! And to finish i must admit it would actually be closer to me because i live on the right side of the village lol!
roland garros
roland garros

Back to top Go down

For or against the Intermarché move? Empty Intermarche

Post  Tredudon Sun 17 Jun - 0:03

Very much for. Can only be good for the area. Most customers drive to the present shop so won't make much difference. Suspect many of the Huelgoatians drive there as well. More jobs, more scope and new site to develop where the present one is. An indoor swimming pool? Very Happy
Tredudon
Tredudon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 30 Jun - 21:16

Although I would love it if Huelgoat had an indoor swimming pool, I can't see it being very profitable, more a drain on tax payers. However, Carhaix has a very nice, modern indoor pool and they've got plans to extend it with an outdoor pool too!

cheers cheers cheers
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://huelgoat.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down